Lanberg’s network cable tester is a multifunctional device for testing cables of ICT networks. The device is an indispensable tool for every installer and significantly helps to save time in verifying network wire pairs. Product’s main application is to measure the continuity of LAN cabling and verification of connections along with the detection of possible problems with cabling, such as short-circuits or incorrect pairings of wire.
With the help of this tool you can test connections of telephone wires terminated with RJ-11 connector and UTP, FTP, SFTP stranded cable terminated with RJ-45 plugs or wires terminated with coaxial plug. This particular device consists of two parts, which each of them should be fixed correctly at the ends of the tested cable:
- Cable tester equipped with RJ-45, RJ-12/RJ-11, and the coaxial connectors LEDs with power switch.
- Terminator (attachment) equipped with RJ-45 and RJ-12/RJ-11 connectors LEDs.
Tester checks each vein separately (using two different speed modes) and the correctness of connection of the shield to the modular plug when the FTP wire (shielded) is tested.
Using this particular device users will successfully find wires in most types of supported terminals, such as network switches, routers, PCs, patch panels, surface-mount boxes, sockets etc. On top of that, Lanberg’s cable tester has many practical features such as:
- Automatic validation of connections in RJ-45 and RJ-11 cables.
- Slow test option.
- Signal measurement and control using 9 LEDs.
- Two different speed modes (automatic scan) with the possibility of setting the normal or slow speed.
The tool can be used in Telecoms, Internet cafes, engineering companies, Internet and electric networks or server rooms, located both in small or big companies or corporations. Lanberg’s cable tester also works well in low-voltage installations, such as cable TV networks, fire-alarm, access control, or CCTV and IP monitoring systems. Additionally, product enables its users to perform the following tests:
- Detection of incorrect connections.
- Detection of short circuits and breaks in wiring.
- Detection of junction of cable pairs.
- Detection of reversal of cable pairs.