Returning Customer ?
Don't have an account ?
1850 Series delivers the performance you need for the ongoing proliferation of Wave 2 as well as support for older Wi-Fi devices.
Ideal for small and medium-sized networks, the Cisco® Aironet® 1850 Series delivers industry-leading performance for enterprise and service provider markets via enterprise-class 4×4 MIMO, four-spatial-stream access points that support the IEEE’s new 802.11ac Wave 2 specification. The Aironet 1850 Series extends support to a new generation of Wi-Fi clients, such as smartphones, tablets, and high-performance laptops that have integrated 802.11ac Wave 1 or Wave 2 support.
Features and benefits
With 802.11ac Wave 2, the Aironet 1850 Series provides a data rate of up to 1.7 Gbps on the 5-GHz radio, more than triple the rates offered by today’s high-end 802.11n access points. It also enables a total aggregate dual-radio data rate of 2.0 Gbps, providing the necessary foundation for enterprise and service provider networks to stay ahead of the performance and bandwidth expectations and needs of their wireless users.
Due to its convenience, wireless access is increasingly the preferred form of network connectivity for corporate users. Along with this shift, there is an expectation that wireless should not slow down users’ day-to-day work, but should enable a high-performance experience while allowing users to move freely. The 1850 Series delivers industry-leading performance for highly secure and reliable wireless connections and provides a robust mobility experience that includes:
● 802.11ac Wave 2 with 4×4 Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO) technology with four spatial streams when operating in single-user MIMO mode and three spatial streams while operating in multiuser MIMO mode, offering 1.7-Gbps rates for more capacity and reliability than competing access points.
● Multiuser MIMO, allowing transmission of data to multiple 802.11ac Wave 2 capable clients simultaneously to improve client experience. Prior to multiuser MIMO, 802.11n and 802.11ac Wave 1 access points could transmit data to only one client at a time, typically referred to as single-user MIMO.
● Transmit beamforming technology to improve downlink performance to mobile devices, including one-, two-, and three-spatial-stream devices on 802.11ac, while improving battery life on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
● Flexible deployment mode through the Cisco Mobility Express Solution is ideal for small to medium-sized deployments that require multiple access points. Easy setup allows the 1850 Series to be deployed on networks without a physical controller.
All of these features help ensures the best possible end-user experience on the wireless network. Cisco also offers the industry’s broadest selection of 802.11n and 802.11ac antennas, delivering optimal coverage for a variety of deployment scenarios.
The Cisco Aironet 1850 Series Access Points also support:
● The Onyx BLE Beacon Solution, which provides a feature that the Aironet access points are missing: built-in Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). The Onyx BLE Beacons work smoothly with indoor location-based services. Used for indoor navigation, proximity marketing, and asset tracking, BLE is a tool that is becoming more and more useful with each passing day. With the Onyx BLE Beacons, customers can add BLE to their networks.
Cisco Unified Wireless Network Software Release with AireOS wireless controllers:
Centralized local, Standalone*, Sniffer, Cisco FlexConnect™, Monitor**, OfficeExtend**, Mesh**
Supported wireless LAN controllers
802.11n version 2.0 (and related) capabilities
802.11ac Wave 1 and 2 capabilities
Data rates supported
802.11a: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, and 54 Mbps
802.11g: 1, 2, 5.5, 6, 9, 11, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, and 54 Mbps
802.11n data rates on 2.4 GHz (only 20 MHz and MCS 0 to MCS 23) and 5 GHz:
GI2 = 800 ns
GI = 800 ns
GI = 400 ns
20-MHz Rate (Mbps)
40-MHz Rate (Mbps)
GI4 = 800 ns
802.11ac data rates (5 GHz):
Maximum number of nonoverlapping channels
A (A regulatory domain):
B (B regulatory domain):
C (C regulatory domain):
D (D regulatory domain):
E (E regulatory domain):
F (F regulatory domain):
H (H regulatory domain):
I (I regulatory domain):
K (K regulatory domain):
N (N regulatory domain):
Q (Q regulatory domain):
R (R regulatory domain):
S (S regulatory domain):
T (T regulatory domain):
Z (Z regulatory domain):
Note: Customers are responsible for verifying approval for use in their individual countries. To verify approval that corresponds to a particular country, visit https://www.cisco.com/go/aironet/compliance.
Note: This varies by regulatory domain. Refer to the product documentation for specific details for each regulatory domain.
802.11ac receive sensitivity
802.11ac (non HT80)
Maximum transmit power
Note: The maximum power setting will vary by channel and according to individual country regulations. Refer to the product documentation for specific details.
Available transmit power settings
External antenna (sold separately)
(W x L x H)
Cisco Aironet 1850i
Cisco Aironet 1850e
Input power requirements
Note: When deployed using a Power over Ethernet (PoE) specification, the power drawn from the power sourcing equipment will be higher by some amount, depending on the length of the interconnecting cable.
Note: If 802.3af PoE is the source of power, (1) the 1852e 2.4-GHz radio will shift to 2×3 from 3×4, (2) The USB port and AUX Ethernet port are disabled on both the 1852i and 1852e.
Limited lifetime hardware warranty
The Cisco Aironet 1850 Series Access Points come with a limited lifetime warranty that provides full warranty coverage of the hardware for as long as the original end user continues to own or use the product. The warranty includes 10-day advance hardware replacement and ensures that software media are defect-free for 90 days. For more details, visit https://www.cisco.com/go/warranty.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.
Revolutionary Wireless Technology
Introducing airFiber®, a truly revolutionary Point-to-Point wireless platform from Ubiquiti Networks™. Housed in a compact, highly efficient form factor, airFiber delivers amazing wireless gigabit+ performance, low latency, and long range. airFiber ushers in a new era in price-disruptive wireless technology ideal for carrier backhaul, building-to-building enterprise use, or public safety applications.
High-performance, outdoor, 2×2 MIMO, 802.11AC dual-band access point.
Expand your Wi-Fi network outdoors with the UniFi® AC Mesh Access Point, part of the Ubiquiti Networks® UniFi Enterprise Wi-Fi System. The UAP-AC-M is a high-performance, outdoor, 2×2 MIMO, 802.11AC dual-band access point, capable of speeds of up to 1167 Mbps. It features two RP-SMA connectors, which can be used with the included dual-band omni-directional antennas, or with an optional connectorized dual-band antenna for customized pattern shaping.